August 18, 2010

Stockholm & Helsingborg

Good morning!

As I promised, I will write today about our trip to Stockholm and Helsingborg.

We started our trip in my hometown and drived up to northern Germany, Rostock. Then we took the ferry to Gedser, a little town in Denmark and from there we drove about 9 hours to Stockholm in Sweden.

Stockholm is such a beautiful and big city, so if you once have the chance to visit it, do it! I can recommend it! :-)
It´s a big city, but not in a negative way, if you understand. And it´s also very different from building to building. It has a lot of very very old buildings, which look absolutely fantastic, but there you can find also some really modern buildings and houses.
Then we you drive over from Denmark to Stockholm, you drive over a big bridge and around the bridge and Stockholm there is only the sea and some little islands between. So really really lovely. :-)

Unfortunately we didn´t had the best weather in Stockholm but it was beautiful anyway! We arrived there very late and had a sleep-over in a little hotel and on the next day we went to the Royal Palace and made a boat trip. But then, as you already know, we had problems with our car and had to go straight to the car repair place there.



Stockholm were such a great experience so that I will come back for sure! :-) And hopefully without any problems... ;-)

In the end of our holidays we had to drive again over Stockholm up to Denmark and since we had a lot of time, we made a visit in Helsingborg. It´s maybe minimum 500 kilometres away from Stockholm, in the near of Gothenborg, but we had to drive in this direction anyway. It was sadly a rainy day there but we walked around a bit and drunk coffee and had some nice swedish toasts. ;-)

Here are some photos of Helsingborg:



Tomorrow I will write more about my new living-town Kajaani. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! So beautiful!! When I have a chance to visit Sweden (I hope I will once) I'll visit Helsingborg anyway ;) Amazing photos...

    ReplyDelete