July 25, 2010

Finally going in holidays!

Sorry that I haven´t written for such a long time here but I had a lot to do...
especially learning Finnish. And beside that, I also wasn´t in the mood to write anything in here.

But tomorrow´s night (11 AM) we will drive to Rostock in North Germany (we think it will take 7 hours driving) and from there we will take the ferry to Gedser, Denmark. This will take 2 hours.
From Gedser we will drive a loooong way to Stockholm and we will arrive there on the 27th of July in the evening.



I think we´ll go and eat something and we will soon go to bed after this long trip. On the 28th of July we will have time almost the whole day in Stockholm and I´m so excited since I have never been in Stockholm before. In the early evening we will leave Stockholm, Sweden and will take the ferry to Turku, Finland. This will unfortunately take 12 hours, so we have a cabine on the ferry and will sleep there a couple of hours.
On the 29th we will arrive in the morning as I know and I don´t know if we stay a few hours in Turku, because we have to drive 621 kilometers to Kajaani and this will take 8/9 hours until we will be there.



We will stay in Kajaani until the 4th of August and I´m happy to meet my guestfamily there in which I´ll start to work as an aupair in October and we will also do a bear-safari where you go into the wood in the night and look for bears and wolves. I´m very very excited and we´ll also have a sleep-over in a little cottage there.
On the 4th of August we´ll drive up to North Finland, to Rovaniemi in Lapland. We´ll stay there until the 8th of August and will visit a fun park, and for sure we´ll go wandering and enjoy the beautiful surrounding. :-)

After Rovaniemi we´ll drive down to Oulu and will stay there for two days because otherwise it would be too stressful to drive the whole way down to Helsinki.
On the 10th of August, we´ll drive down to southern Finland, to Helsinki and I´m really looking forward. It´s been a very long time since my last visit in September, so I´m happy to go shopping in Helsinki, walk around through Helsinki and maybe do a boat trip from the harbour.



I´ll also meet a friend of mine, Maarit. In Helsinki we´ll stay until the 13th of August and then we´ll drive back to Turku and will take the ferry back. On the 15th of August we´ll arrive hopefully healthy at home. :-)

Here is our route:

Unfortunately it´s only our route in Finland, because to show the whole route on a card would be too big, but here we go:



I wish you a good time and my fingers are crossed for Anette and her boyfriend the whole time! Hopefully, their baby will come soon and mother and baby will be healthy and happy. :-) So, good luck Anette! ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that's just great!! I wish you a good time there ;) Get fun and relax :)
    Yeah, my fingers are also crossed for Anette and her boyfriend and of course baby! :)

    ReplyDelete